²¿¸®´º½º l ´º¿åÇÊÁø l ¹Ì±¹ÇÊÁø l Çѱ¹ÇÊÁø l ¼¼°èÇÊÁø l »çÁøÇÊÁø l Kor-Eng    

Kor-Eng
¡¤Yunsun¡¯s Hudson Diary¡¯ (17)
¡¤±×¸°Ä¡ÀÇ »çÀ̵å¿÷ (16)
¡¤À⵿̱ÀÇ Ú¸±³Á÷Àλý½ºÅ丮 (7)
¡¤ÀÌ¸íµ¿ÀÇ ¼¼°èÀÎ Çѱ¹ÀΠ(123)
¡¤ÇϺñ´ÏÀÇ Howdoin (3)
ÀÌ¸íµ¿ÀÇ ¼¼°èÀÎ Çѱ¹ÀÎ
Going beyond the ethnic background while retaining our core value is the ideal for any and every American. Nowadays, each one of us belongs on the world stage. It's up to each one of us how far we can go on that stage. It is a long, and demanding journey, at the same time, interesting, wonderful, rewarding task. This writing is a part of that task. - Dr. Myong D. Lee

ÃÑ °Ô½Ã¹° 123°Ç, ÃÖ±Ù 0 °Ç ¾È³» ±Û¾²±â
ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ¼öÁ¤ »èÁ¦ ±Û¾²±â

PTSD

±Û¾´ÀÌ : ÀÌ¸íµ¿ ³¯Â¥ : 2014-08-22 (±Ý) 13:18:03

Post traumatic stress disorder is a term more frequently heard since Afghanistan and Iraq war. A guerrilla war/war without a clear battle line was one of the major cause of higher rate of PTSD. Soldiers were in constant state of alert and anxiety, in addition to the multiple deployments. Mental disorder and higher suicide rate are one of the major concerns of US military since the war.

On 8/1/14, The New York Times had an article titled, 'Syrian's Mental Health Crisis.' The following is the quote from the article, "a nearly 6000 person caseload sampling from Syrians there, 31% have severe emotional disorders." There was an AP report on Gaza Strip about emotional wounds of war and I quote; "The UN estimates that about 373000 children in Gaza need direct psychological intervention because they've witnessed violence, lost a relative or have been displaced." Another of The New York Times articles reported that about 1/3 of all children in Gaza suffer from psychological disorder. These are tragic and staggering numbers which are, unfortunately, understandable.

Seven-year-old Maha, who is paralyzed down the neck following an airstrike in Gaza, was allowed to leave Gaza on 20 August 2014 and is on her way to a hospital in Turkey to seek adequate treatment. Photo: UNICEF/Eyad El Baba/United Nations

I still vividly remember a man from about 40 years ago who was suffering from psychological wound from Vietnam War. Very innocent face but with obvious behavioral problems.

The point I like to make is that these tremendous wounds last long time, most likely, generations. The evidences are everywhere. We don't have to look far or deep to see or feel them. The wounds are all around us right now and everywhere. All over the world more wounds are coming and yet to come. These wounds linger for a long time. The causes of the wounds are historical tragedies as well as what the realities of life push us into.

What I and we can do is that beware of the walking wounded from the various causes and try to be understanding and empathetic. If we look with more care, even seemingly well adjusted people carry wounds from somewhere. Be more patient with people around us. Show respect for everybody. It is primarily because I'm sure I'm one of the walking wounded from somewhere and some time.

ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ¼öÁ¤ »èÁ¦ ±Û¾²±â

´º½º·Î¸¦¸»ÇÑ´Ù l ´º½º·Î ÁÖÀεDZâ l´º½º·Îȸ¿ø¾à°ü  l±¤°í¹®ÀÇ ±â»çÁ¦º¸ : newsroh@gmail.com lÁ¦È£ : ´º½º·Î l¹ßÇàÀÎ : æÅëùâ÷ lÆíÁýÀÎ : ÚÊܰ謠lû¼Ò³âº¸È£Ã¥ÀÓÀÚ : ÚÊÜ°è¬
Á¤±â°£Ç๰ µî·Ï¹øÈ£ : °æ±â¾Æ50133 lâ°£ÀÏ : 2010.06.05. l¹Ì±¹ : 6 Brookside Trail Monroe NY 11950 ¡¡Çѱ¹ : °æ±â °í¾ç½Ã Àϻ굿±¸ »êµÎ·Î 210 / ÀüÈ­ : 031)918-1942
´º½º·Î ¼¼»óÀÇ Ã¢À» ¿¬´Ù! Ä®·³À» ÀÐÀ¸¸é ´º½º°¡ º¸ÀδÙ!
Copyright(c) 2010 www.newsroh.com All rights reserved.