²¿¸®´º½º l ´º¿åÇÊÁø l ¹Ì±¹ÇÊÁø l Çѱ¹ÇÊÁø l ¼¼°èÇÊÁø l »çÁøÇÊÁø l Kor-Eng    

Kor-Eng
¡¤Yunsun¡¯s Hudson Diary¡¯ (17)
¡¤±×¸°Ä¡ÀÇ »çÀ̵å¿÷ (16)
¡¤À⵿̱ÀÇ Ú¸±³Á÷Àλý½ºÅ丮 (7)
¡¤ÀÌ¸íµ¿ÀÇ ¼¼°èÀÎ Çѱ¹ÀΠ(123)
¡¤ÇϺñ´ÏÀÇ Howdoin (3)
ÀÌ¸íµ¿ÀÇ ¼¼°èÀÎ Çѱ¹ÀÎ
Going beyond the ethnic background while retaining our core value is the ideal for any and every American. Nowadays, each one of us belongs on the world stage. It's up to each one of us how far we can go on that stage. It is a long, and demanding journey, at the same time, interesting, wonderful, rewarding task. This writing is a part of that task. - Dr. Myong D. Lee

ÃÑ °Ô½Ã¹° 123°Ç, ÃÖ±Ù 0 °Ç ¾È³» ±Û¾²±â
ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ¼öÁ¤ »èÁ¦ ±Û¾²±â

"It's cool to be Korean."

±Û¾´ÀÌ : ÀÌ¸íµ¿ ³¯Â¥ : 2013-06-08 (Åä) 12:18:44

It's cool to be Korean is a quote from an article in the Bloomberg Markets Magazine and written by Lee Yoolim on 5/30/13. The writer attributes the quote to a Korean-American by the name of Richard Min who moved from Boston to Seoul in 2000 to start a technology incubator. The article gives a good sketch of the recent Korean situations with the emphasis on 'creative economy'. It was wonderful to read a well written article on Korea by a person with Korean background because it is a part of being cool to be Korean.

More than 40 years ago when I first set foot on the American soil, I knew instinctively that Korean-American will contribute greatly for the better future. I knew I was cool but certainly I was in no position to convince anybody of my inner conviction, let alone myself. In a way, I've been waiting and preparing for the quote, "It's cool to be Korean." I always knew it but It seems smart people all over the world know it, now, that Korean can handle any situation.

The question has already moved onto what to do after you become cool; what it really means to be cool; what to earn to achieve the total cool. Just like culture, cool has many nuances, great importances, and doesn't happen overnight. Culture and cool go hand in hand while distinctly different from each other. Creative economy requires both culture and cool. At the same time, it seems paradoxical that making money requires culture and cool. The priorities have to be set clearly and playing it wisely and smartly with fine balance has the utmost importance. Making money while having wonderful culture is really cool.

One aspect of cool we have to keep in mind is that it has an element of counter-culture. Having cool as the vision and goal may bring its own complications with the inevitably coming maturation. But, right now, cool is really cool.

One of the key reasons why it is cool to be Korean everywhere and anywhere is that there is the ultimate faith and confidence that we will prevail. This resilience, tenacity, and creativity are characteristics acquired through the long history of studying, thinking, and enjoying. It certainly didn't happen overnight or in a few generations.

As for myself, after 40years, I no longer has the need to show or convince anybody how cool I am. I'm already focused on the next step.

ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ¼öÁ¤ »èÁ¦ ±Û¾²±â

´º½º·Î¸¦¸»ÇÑ´Ù l ´º½º·Î ÁÖÀεDZâ l´º½º·Îȸ¿ø¾à°ü  l±¤°í¹®ÀÇ ±â»çÁ¦º¸ : newsroh@gmail.com lÁ¦È£ : ´º½º·Î l¹ßÇàÀÎ : æÅëùâ÷ lÆíÁýÀÎ : ÚÊܰ謠lû¼Ò³âº¸È£Ã¥ÀÓÀÚ : ÚÊÜ°è¬
Á¤±â°£Ç๰ µî·Ï¹øÈ£ : °æ±â¾Æ50133 lâ°£ÀÏ : 2010.06.05. l¹Ì±¹ : 6 Brookside Trail Monroe NY 11950 ¡¡Çѱ¹ : °æ±â °í¾ç½Ã Àϻ굿±¸ »êµÎ·Î 210 / ÀüÈ­ : 031)918-1942
´º½º·Î ¼¼»óÀÇ Ã¢À» ¿¬´Ù! Ä®·³À» ÀÐÀ¸¸é ´º½º°¡ º¸ÀδÙ!
Copyright(c) 2010 www.newsroh.com All rights reserved.